Dishes to save your night!
Are you ready to have the PURE Experience?
This time around we are giving you Brunch!
Yes on March 19th we will have fun food and music while tasting a 5 course meal served with imported Rum cream coffee and of course special Rescupies influenced Blood Orange Mimosas!
Tickets go on sale Monday February 29th at noon (eastern)
Only for the first 15 paid guest!
Oh the menu?
Here it is!
The Smoke n Quiche:
Smoked Gouda peppers cream and tarragon quiche layered in a graham bourbon sugar butter crust!
The Bae berry salad :
A unique twist on a Rescupies favorite! Smoked salmon, goat cheese, chocolate vinaigrette and berries topped on fresh arugula
Slow roasted barbacoa accompanied with rice and home made coffee infused gravy with fried egg to top.
Fish and veggie are optional meats as well
Cinnamon roll Belgium waffles topped with fluffed mascarpone cream
The Rum Runner:
Rum grilled pineapple steaks accompanied with a lemon/coconut sorbet
Tickets are $65.00
Only available to the first 15 paid guest
At Rescupies.com starting noon on Monday February 29th!
Thanks for visiting!
Recipe Of The Week!!
Portuguese Baked Eggs!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, with seeds, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar (about 4 oz.)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan (about 1 oz.)
- Toasted country-style bread (for serving)
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, 10–12 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, basil, oregano, chili powder, and paprika to pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very soft and liquid is thickened, 20–30 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Discard jalapeño.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Transfer bell pepper mixture to a 13x9” baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced divots in mixture. Spoon a dollop of ricotta into each divot, then crack 1 egg into each. Top with cheddar and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until Parmesan is melted and egg whites are almost set but yolks are still runny, 15–18 minutes.
- Serve baked eggs with toast. (Yolks will continue to cook as dish sits, so serve right away if you prefer your eggs soft.)
- Do Ahead: Bell pepper mixture can be cooked 1 day ahead. Let cool; cover and chill.
- Recipe by Kismet, Montpelier, VT
- Photograph by Matt Duckor
Check out the Rescupies Cooking Class pictures in the Photo Gallery!
As Seen on Cincinnati Fox 19!
Welcome to the Rescupies website!
(Short for Rescue Recipes).. dishes to save your night!
It's finally here!!
My name is Kenyatta Smith a career firefighter-paramedic for the city of Cincinnati Ohio and a published cook.
In the firehouse culture, life evolves around the kitchen and mainly the cook.
Sharing cross cultural meals on a daily basis brings harmony in our chaotic world.
Rescupies is the perfect destination for every occasion! Try the delicious "Spring to it Chicken" for your next night in, the "Rosemary Lamb Chops" as an intimate dinner for two and the "Monterey Chicken Chili" for a large group celebration.
In this first series of Rescupie cards you will find a collection of recipes that will save your palates from ordinary taste and give it the much needed jaws of life!
My inspiration for cooking comes from watching my family challenge each other with creative dishes, in keeping up with that tradition, I challenge myself by creating new twists on traditional meals and experimenting on my fellow co workers who have become my ultimate food critics (if you cook a bad meal in the firehouse you will hear about it until the day you retire).
This card series is dedicated to the men and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and to my mother the late
Gwendolyn Ann Smith-Turner.
These meal cards are a sweet treat to rescue you from the boredom of the traditional meal,
I hope these Rescupies will inspire you & save your night!